In Taxila, Punjab, Pakistan, there is a public institution called the University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila (UET Taxila). It originated as a campus of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, in 1975, and in 1993 it received its charter as an independent university. It grants bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in applied sciences and engineering.
The campus is situated 5 kilometres (3.1 miles) outside of Taxila. It is located on the Taxila-Havelian branch line next to Mohra Shah Wali Shah Station. The campus is 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) from the well-known Taxila museum.
The following faculties and departments make up the university.
- Faculty of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Telecommunication and Information Engineering
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Basic Sciences and Humanities
Address and Contact details:
Address: UET – HMC Link Rd, Taxila, Rawalpindi, Punjab 47050